With everyone leading a busy lifestyle and with increased stress levels, skin is bound to lose its lustre, radiance, and glow. If you have been trying out the famous toothpaste hack to get glowing skin or applying baking soda scrubs, they can sometimes backfire. Irrespective of your skin type, some ingredients from your kitchen and pantry can work wonders for your skin and in most cases, they are only things you would need for glowing skin, not expensive serums or night creams. So, just peep into your pantry and grab these skincare gems for glowing skin the natural way.
1. Green Tea Bags: Sipping green tea helps to boost weight loss and rev up metabolism, but do you know, green tea bags can do wonders for your skin, and makes your skin glow brighter. We all are ashamed to use tea bags after they have already been put to use, so they are just thrown in the trash. Next time you have tea bag in your hand, store them, preserve them and make the maximum out of it. You can try these amazing ways to use green tea bags again, to get a glowing skin. Read about “5 Amazing Ways To Use Green Tea Bags On your Skin.”
2. Coconut Oil: This oil is not only great for weight loss, it also helps to keep your skin hydrated, thus, preventing wrinkles and sagging skin. It contains vitamin A which boosts collagen production, thus, keeping your skin wrinkle-free. It helps to protect your skin from antioxidants which are responsible for loose, sagged and wrinkled skin. It also contains vitamin E and fatty acids which promote the production of new skin cells. The lauric acid in coconut oil helps to repair the damaged skin and also prevents aging signs on the face. Coconut oil is also a natural emollient which helps to keep your skin soft and supple. Read about “Ways to Use Coconut Oil for Wrinkles and Sagging Skin.”
3. Saffron: From removing tan to boosting glow, this spice does everything. Although it is expensive, adding this ingredient to your skincare routine will change your skin forever. You must know the right ways of using saffron to get the maximum benefit out of it. In this post, we will tell you about 10 different saffron face packs for using this super ingredient.
4. Honey: Raw honey works wonderfully as a beauty ingredient. Unprocessed honey retains all the nutrients and enzymes and gently removes impurities without stripping off the moisture. It is a great exfoliator and provides a lot of moisture and nourishment to your skin. You can prepare facial cleanser, exfoliator, scrub and face pack all with honey – and here’s how you do that.5. Almonds
6. Turmeric: Turmeric contains curcumin, a bioactive component. Curcumin has anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Turmeric adds glow to the skin and makes it radiant, and clears hyperpigmentation with regular use. Turmeric also delays ageing process and the best thing is that it kills acne-causing bacteria. It also brighten and lighten skin tone. Combined with other potent skin lightening ingredients, it can work really fast to fade acne scars and dark spots. Here’s how you can use turmeric to clear dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
7. Oats: Oatmeal beauty treatments are good for all skin types, more so for oily, acne-prone, and sensitive skin types because it calms and soothes inflammatory reactions, reduces redness, and makes skin even toned. It cleanses, moisturizes, and exfoliates skin. Oatmeal is an excellent exfoliator and cleanser, it can absorb excess oil. It is also known to lighten skin tone and improve complexion. If you think soaps and face washes are harsh for your skin, switch to oatmeal to clean your face. It cleanses skin without ripping the moisture off the skin. Let’s see how to make a skin brightening that can be made with oats and turmeric.
8. Curd: Yogurt contains zinc, calcium, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, protein and yeast. Zinc is said to have anti-inflammatory benefits which can help reduce acne, help with cell renewal. Vitamin B in curd is capable of preventing acne and enhancing the blood circulation. Here’s a step-by-step recipe to prepare Saffron+Yogurt+Gram Flour to remove tan and get glowing skin.
9. Olive Oil: Beauty experts worldwide continuously praise about the beauty benefits of olive oil in treating dark spots and in moisturizing skin. The vitamins and antioxidants in olive oil help in fading away scars by helping in regeneration of skin cells. Here’s how you can use olive oil to remove dark spots.
10. Rice Flour: It acts as a natural exfoliant, clearing up dull and rough skin, giving you smooth and glowing skin. Rice powder also helps to improve complexion. Here’s the recipe for a hydrating Yoghurt and Rice Flour Hydrating Face Mask for glowing skin.
11. Besan: Besan is very commonly found in most Indian kitchens, and it is a truly magical ingredient when it comes to addressing skin concerns. No matter what your skin concern is, besan will almost always help you deal with it. From removing sun tan and hyperpigmentation, to evening out your skin tone and giving you a gorgeous glow, besan does it all. Moreover, it helps maintain the pH balance of your skin and helps tackle skin woes such as excess oiliness, acne, pimples, etc. It is most commonly used in face packs, in combination with one or two other ingredients, to help even out the skin tone and get the skin to glow. Let’s take a look at some easy and effective besan face packs for skin whitening that you can make at home.