In the noise about how counting each and every calorie matters and how you have to absolutely do cardio to melt away fat, you might be missing out on little things that you need to do every single day to get lean and fit. Missing out these little details can actually slow down the whole process of weight loss, and that’s why it would be sensible to implement these tips and tricks to get lean and fit.
1. Cut Down on Cooking Oil: There’s no doubt that olive oil and avocado oil are extremely healthy and great for weight loss, but they do still have saturated fat and calories, and it would be wise to cut down their quantity when cooking, in fact limit the quantity to a few teaspoons to cut down calories. Also, here’s a List of Healthiest Oils for Deep Frying Food.
2. Eat Fruits and Veggies the Right Way: Everyone tells you that fruits and veggies day in and day out is good for weight loss, but do you know certain kind of fruits and veggies accelerate the pace much better than the rest due to their high flavonoid, fiber, and antioxidant content. The weight loss diet plans on the Rati Beauty app help you to eat the right fruit and veggies and in the correct quantity to see faster results.
3. Eat More Fiber: Fiber helps to reduce appetite, reduces belly fat, and helps with weight loss too. Fiber curbs appetite to a great extent by regulating the production of hunger hormone “ghrelin.” Since fiber has low glycemic index, it also does not spike up insulin and thus reduces the chance of extra calories getting stored up as fat in the body. If you are not sure about how and where to get fiber from, read about “12 Handy Tips To Add More Fiber to Diet for Weight Loss.”
4. Cut Down on Portions: Portion control is essential to get into calorie deficit and to drop extra weight. Calorie deficit happens when a person consumes fewer calories than those burnt while exercising, resting, or performing basic bodily functions. Portion control involves being aware of the correct amount of food and serving sizes so that you do not fall out of calorie deficit. So, stop eyeballing food quantity and serving sizes, and measure your food. Rati Beauty weight loss diets help you to cut down on portions to get lean successfully.
5. Walk and Move Whenever you Can: The first thing one should do when trying to lose weight is to get on the feet and walk at every given opportunity, even if it’s just for a few steps. Most people underestimate the benefits of walking because it’s not a high intensity activity, but a majority of people who have successfully lost a considerable amount of weight started out with brisk walking before moving to high intensity workout. Walking regularly not only helps one physically get healthy, it’s also a great activity to clear thoughts and boost mental health as well. Also, for people who are conscious of hitting the gym, walking is a great alternative. However, even when you are brisk walking, you can burn more calories than regular walkers and in this post, read about “10 Walking Tips to Burn More Calories for Weight Loss.”
6. Practice NEAT activities: Most fit people practice this one thing to stay lean – they do a lot of “NEAT” activities. Being on your feet throughout the day, helps in burning calories and keeps metabolism high. In fact, fit people never feel one hour of workout in the gym is enough, they keep moving throughout the day and practice NEAT activities. NEAT stands for non-exercise activity thermogenesis and is the energy we use for everything we do in our day-to-day life except for when we are sleeping or exercising. Using the stairs instead of the lift, squatting on the floor to lift something up, walking while talking on the phone, every activity we do while being on our feet, comes under NEAT. All these activities help to burn some amount of calories and these bits of calories spent here and there, add up to a considerable amount when you are trying to lose weight. Read more about how you can include NEAT activities in your daily life here.
7. Find Ways to Get out of Stressful Situations: It’s easier said than done, but stress acts as a major roadblock while trying to lose weight because stress increases the level of cortisol which is a hormone that encourages the body to store fat and triggers overeating. Do go through this amazing post on “10 Tips to Lower Stress in order to Lose Weight.”
8. Don’t Eat When you are Bored: You are sabotaging your weight loss journey by picking up food when you are just plain bored. In fact, stop raiding the refrigerator when you are bored or stressed out. Let’s make things clear – the fridge does not have the solution to all your problems. Eating to come out of boredom can make losing weight extremely difficult. Break this bad habit by distracting yourself with some interesting activity like reading a book, pursuing a hobby, or some other kind of activity that would engage your mind.
9. Switch to Smaller Plates: When you use small plates or bowls to eat food, you tend to serve yourself a smaller portion of food and that would help you practice portion control. Certain studies also point out to how your brain can be tricked to feel satisfied when you eat from a bowl than from a big plate, making one feel full when you eat from a small bowl with the same quantity of food that you eat from a larger plate. Also, the bowl’s weight in hand will give you the feeling that you are consuming more food. So, switch to smaller plates and bowls right now.
10. Drink More Water: If there’s one golden rule you should absolutely follow if you are trying to lose weight – it’s “drink at least 8 glasses of water each day!” There’s hardly any dispute that drinking water throughout the day helps with weight loss. Plain water affects fat loss in more ways than one – it helps to flush out toxins, has absolutely no calories, boosts metabolism, and keeps hunger pangs in check. So, sip water whenever you can.
11. Sleep More: When you compromise on sleep, a lot of essential fat-burning hormones and enzymes go out of whack. Just 7 to 9 hours of sleep can have a huge impact on
12. Too much Salt/Sodium in the diet: When you are on a weight loss diet, eat salt in moderation, otherwise it causes a sharp jump in pounds by retaining excess fluids in cells. It is estimated that just a little extra salt in the diet can hold up to 1.5 liters of water! So, eat salt in moderation, do not go absolutely low because salt is needed to maintain the electrolyte balance in the body and to run all functions smoothly.