There is no doubt that being overweight is not good for the health, but resorting to extreme measures in order to rapidly lose weight is an extremely bad idea. Losing weight can be a never-ending battle when correct strategies are not applied. Fatigue, lethargy, hair fall, loss of lean muscle, nutritional deficiencies, depression are some common outcomes of following wrong methods to shed extra pounds. That’s why, in this post, we list down things you should never do to lose weight so that you can steer clear of them if you desperately trying to get lighter and healthier.
1. Crash Dieting: A weight loss diet should not be based on food deprivation and extreme calorie cutting. Many people develop the misconception that one needs to starve all through the day in order to get lean and look trimmed down. Food deprivation is promoted by certain fad diets that only work for a short period of time and once you come off them, you tend to put on more weight. To lose weight successfully, one needs to be in calorie deficit and not food deprivation, eating just the right amount and the right kind of food to successfully drop all the extra pounds. In fact, eat in moderation, not less on weight loss diets such as on Rati Beauty. Check out Rati Beauty weight loss diets on the Rati Beauty app (both on playstore and app store) that help you lose weight by encouraging you to eat the right kind of food in the right quantity, so that you continue to lose weight at a steady pace.
2. Trying out Fad Diets: Ice cream diet, baby food diet, cabbage soup diet – these are just a few examples of fad diets that deprive you of eating a balanced diet, triggering illnesses and vitamin deficiency diseases. Why resort to fad diets to lose weight when you eat healthy and lose weight.
3. Appetite Suppressant Pills/Teas/Powders: No, appetite suppressant pills and powders do not make your weight loss journey easier nor do they target fat cells. These pills work on the theory of promising to keep away hunger pangs, but why resort to these expensive pills and powders when you can curb hunger by eating natural food. Here’s a list of Top 45 Foods To Suppress Appetite and Reduce Hunger
4. Relying on Fat Cutter Pills and Potions: There’s a huge misconception that swallowing fat cutter pills can melt away all layers of fat whereas there’s no concrete research yet that these pills and potions actually work. Some of such pills have been found to raise blood pressure and trigger strokes. Instead what would melt away the fat is by following the right kind of weight loss diet, such as on Rati Beauty app.
5. Detox Cleanse: Such diets allow only liquids for a certain period of time and what you actually might lose is water weight and not real fat. There’s no use gulping gallons of liquid and feeling uneasy for the rest of the day when the fat layers are untouched on such detox cleansing routines.
6. Too Much Exercise: You can never drop excess weight by being a gym rat because weight loss is all about maintaining this equation – 80% diet and 20% exercise. Without straightening out one’s diet, relying on exercise alone will not make you lean and will not fetch significant results.
7. Replacing Water with Aerated Beverages: Sure, one should drink at least 8 glasses of water to boost weight loss, but replacing water (which has zero calories) with beverages and fruit juices that are full of empty calories can put you in calorie surplus and might even lead to weight gain.
Summing up, following a healthy diet and regular exercise is only the foolproof way to lose weight.