Losing weight and staying in shape is a top priority for a lot of us out here. But due to current situation, limited movement, and inability to hit gym, it’s not an easy task. Since many of us working from home, doing household chores, that leaves little time to follow elaborate weight loss routines. However, if you have made up your mind to get fit and healthy, we have listed out 9 Ways to Lose Weight Sitting at Home through which you can lose weight even while doing your regular desk job. Take a look!
1. Get on an Easy-to-Follow Good Weight Loss Diet: Losing weight can be extremely easy if you follow the right kind of diet. Do stay away from outrageous diets that bring about temporary results where one might gain all the lost weight right back after a few days. In fact, fad diets that work on the concept of deprivation and starvation can lead to nutrient deficiencies too. Some weight loss diets are extremely restrictive, and can impact overall health, and that’s why one should pick a diet that encourages you to eat healthy and wholesome food. When you have made up the resolve to get healthy by losing weight, it would be a good idea to check out Rati Beauty weight loss diets where you can eat the right kind of food and shed extra kilos, without compromising on nutrition. Do download the app for more details.
2. Replace your Chair with a Stability Ball: We understand how ergonomic office chairs contribute to increased productivity, but they also make you lazy, limiting your movement. Such chairs also add to your back issues. So, at least for half an hour, get up from your chair and sit on a stability ball instead. This way, you can not only strengthen your back muscles but also keep your core engaged – considering you are spending a lot of time at home, on your work desk, it would be a good idea to invest in a stability ball.
3. Lower the Temperature at Night When you Sleep: Though there are no concrete studies yet, many researchers have claimed that when you sleep in low temperatures, the body burns more calories and fat to maintain the core temperature.
3. Drink a lot of Water: This is the basic rule everyone should follow, irrespective of whether they want to lose weight or not. We all know that drinking water increases your metabolism and aids digestion. Also, drinking lots of water will help you flush out toxins easily.
4. Get up From the Couch Every 15 Minutes: People tend to get weight staying at home because there’s very limited activity that they manage to get. So, make it a point to get up from the couch/work desk every 15 minutes to prevent an important enzyme “lipase,” (which is an enzyme that is required in the fat-burning process) from getting inactive. Try to keep your body active through the day.
5. Find Every Small Reason to Be Happy and Destress: We understand stress levels are high, but do find ways to destress and laugh often to release feel-good hormones in your body. Stress is a factor that prevents weight loss by increasing cortisol that encourages fat storage and triggers overeating as well.
6. Keep Fidgeting your Legs: Don’t forget to fidget your legs even while you are sitting idle because as we mentioned above, even a few minutes of inactivity, can put a halt to the fat-burning process.
7. Practice Arm Circles: Arm circles are very good for toning and slimming down your arms. Try to do at least 10-15 arm circles every day. You will start seeing results in a month.
8. Don’t Forget to Do Leg Circles: Lower legs are enclosed under your desk. So, don’t forget to go for some leg circles too. Try at least 20-25 leg circles every day. This will help in toning your thighs and leg muscles.
9. Say no to Sugar: There’s no such thing as a sweet tooth, keep away from added sugar that makes its way through cakes, pastries, biscuits, cookies, packaged fruit juices, etc., into your daily diet. Added sugar is one of the major reasons why people gain weight in the first place – sugar causes insulin spikes, raises inflammation in the body, and most of these calories get stored as fat in the body. So, stay away from refined and added sugar.
Hope these tips would help you to drop some extra pounds while sitting at home and staying safe.