Strict dieters are often perplexed when they do not see the numbers dropping on the weighing scale, wondering where they might be going wrong inspite of working out and supposedly eating “extremely” healthy food. Sticking to healthy food is a strategy which would only fetch results when backed up with the right weight loss techniques, and you can find all of them on the weight loss diets on the Rati Beauty app, do check them out. Additionally, here’s why you might not be dropping weight even though you may be eating all the superfoods that anyone has mentioned with the slightest weight loss benefit.
1. Not Portion Controlling Healthy Foods: Sure, peanut butter, banana, dry fruits, avocados, cereals, whole grains are all healthy food, but every kind of food needs moderation and portion control, and the same holds true for calorie-dense healthy food as well. As we have always maintained, calorie deficit is essential to burn fat and lose weight, and without portion control, it’s difficult to maintain a deficit. Here’s a detailed post on “10 Tips to Portion Control Food for Weight Loss.”
2. Eating Too Late into the Night: Having your last meal too late in the night can severely impact the fat-burning process because the body tends to store all of those extra calories as fat rather than burning it up. It also does not help that the metabolism is at the lowest at night and that’s why those calories (even through the healthy food) are not going anywhere. It would be prudent enough to have your last meal before 7 pm to avoid weight gain.
3. Drinking Liquid Calories: When you juice out your fruits instead of eating them whole, you tend to lose count of the calories, and such calories even though coming from healthy source such as fruits, can put you into a calorie surplus, most of them getting stored as fat. So, keep away the juicer and eat the fruits in their whole form.
4. Not Enough Fiber: Just like protein, fiber is essential to lose weight because it helps in curbing appetite, without adding too many calories, apart from keeping the healthy bacteria of the gut “happy,” and a happy gut means all fat-burning hormones would work optimally, boosting the weight loss process. Here’s a list of 32 Fiber Rich Foods to include in your diet.
5. Not Drinking Enough Water: Are you sure you are managing to get more than 8 glasses of water each day? If not, it’s a big reason why the extra weight is not coming off. Apart from boosting metabolism, suppressing appetite, water is also essential in the fat-burning process, so do not skimp on water consumption.
6. Frequent Snacking: Frequent snacking leads to frequent insulin spikes which leads to storage of excess calories as fat, particularly around the belly and hip area. Follow the meal schedule on the Rati Beauty app to avoid frequent snacking.
7. Nutrient Deficiencies: Vitamin D, vitamin B, magnesium, omega-3 fatty acid deficiencies can all stall weight loss, and that’s why it’s important to eat the right kind of food to avoid deficiencies.
8. Too Much Processed Food: So, you are eating healthy, but there’s also lots of processed food with unhealthy ingredients such as transfat in your diet too. Transfat tends to mobilize fat from other areas of the body to belly area, so stick to healthy food and drop processed food completely.
9. Sleeping for Less Than 7 Hours: Sleep deprivation has been found to throw essential hormones out of whack, especially the ones that help to burn fat and boost weight loss. Sleeping for less than 7 hours increases the level of hunger hormone ghrelin and stress hormone cortisol that prevent weight loss from happening. So, set the alarm in a way that you would get at least 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night.
10. Too Much Stress: Just like sleep deprivation, chronic stress directly affects weight gain, by promoting storage of fat, instead of burning of extra calories.
11. Not Eating Enough Food: Surprise, surprise, if you are completely staying away from food just to see rapid weight loss, that’s not going to happen! The body goes into a conservation mode and stops burning fat when you eat too less, so that’s one reasons you might not be losing weight because you are not eating enough food.
12. Not Moving Around Much: Sure, you are hitting the gym with a vengeance for one hour, but then spend the rest of the day before the computer or on the couch, and wondering why you aren’t losing weight? Here’s why – there’s an enzyme called lipoprotein lipase in the blood that metabolizes fat and sugar and is needed to lose weight, but this essential enzyme switches off after 60 to 90 minutes of inactivity. So, if you not on your feet every hour, the fat-burning process is impacted. Get up from your work desk or couch every few minutes and keep moving those legs to lose weight.